For New Students
About your initial advisement appointment
Before you can schedule your initial advising and registration appointment, you must complete the following steps:
- Take the MVCC Placement Test.
- Receive a letter of admission from the Admissions Office. You can’t be admitted to a degree or certificate program until your admission file, including previous high school and college transcripts, is complete.
- If you would like to use federal or state financial aid to help you pay for College, you should also begin the process of applying for financial aid prior to scheduling your advising and registration appointment.
Once you have completed these steps, you should call 315.792.5608 for an appointment in Utica or 315.334.7755 for an appointment in Rome. You will need to provide your name, social security number, major (degree or certificate program to which you have been admitted). You will be scheduled for an individual advising appointment (approximately 30 minutes).
- Your placement test results
- Your work, child care, or any other schedule that will affect when you are able to attend classes.
- Any transcripts (official or unofficial) of previous college courses completed.