Institutional Effectiveness Committee (IEC)
The Institutional Effectiveness Committee (IEC) provides broad representation from the College community. The IEC is a subcommittee of the College's Strategic Planning Committee.
The Institutional Effectiveness Committee (IEC) is responsible for maintaining and overseeing the implementation of the assessment process at MVCC. The IEC will ensure the reporting of data to responsible Units and the follow–up necessary to improve programs and services throughout the College. This will involve, but not be limited to:
- Selecting and evaluating appropriate activities necessary for assessing the outcomes identified in the Institutional Effectiveness process.
- Providing assistance for continuous assessment in each Unit through the development and implementation of their assessment plans.
- Assisting Units in the process of choosing and evaluating assessment designs appropriate to their mission.
- Assuring that assessment findings are disseminated to the President and/or appropriate Vice Presidents for distribution to the Units.
- Reviewing the results of assessment findings to ensure the validity/reliability of the assessment procedures.
- Initiating follow-up inquiries to ensure that Units have linked assessment findings with their Action Plans.
- Serving as a source for verification that the results of assessment findings have been used for improvement.