Goal & Objectives from Strategic Plan
College-wide Goal for Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment
The College provides a collaborative environment of institutional and student outcomes assessment.
- Communicate clearly the importance of assessment activities at all level of the College in support of institutional change and improvement.
- Maintain an appropriate schedule for the implementation of multiple methods of assessment activities and for the publication of assessment results.
- Link assessment data to planning and resource allocation and improvement, not only of the institution but also of the assessment process itself.
- Ensure proper intake assessment and course placement of students.
- Maintain and monitor the quality of off-campus and distance-learning courses and assessment strategies to ensure the comparability of student learning with on-campus courses.
- Assess student academic achievement in the areas of academic programs, basic skills, general education, information management, and social, personal, and cultural development.
- Ensure opportunities for the assessment of student learning outcomes as reflected in the major areas of the College, i.e., Instruction, Student Services, Administrative Services, and offices reporting directly to the President.
- Maintain an Institutional Effectiveness Committee comprised of College personnel from both the policy and operational levels of the institution.
- Maintain an assessment website to display appropriate assessment information, including procedures and reports.
- Continue to provide adequate resources for an Office of Institutional Assessment in support of the assessment process.
- Maintain established procedures for data requests from inside and outside the institution.