Learn how to improve your writing techniques by attending a series of workshops directed by the Learning Center Coordinator. These workshops are facilitated by professional writing tutors.
Topics Covered at the workshops include:
- Using proper grammar
- Applying MLA/APA styles
- Creating a work cited page
- Generating a research topic
- Collecting data for your research
- Resumes and Cover letters
- Avoiding Plagiarism
Brown Bag Lunch Series
Stressed? Overwhelmed? Test Anxiety? Poor Study Habits?
Join us for techniques and strategies for developing academic success!
Tuesdays are your day to fill your lunch hour with cool ideas & clever ways to accomplish your goals at MVCC!
One day a week, forego cafeteria chaos and come to Brown Bag Lunch Series!
- Wednesdays on the Utica Campus
- ACC 116
- September 23 – Learning Styles: It¡¦s All About You. Creating a successful College Experience
- October 7 –If You Want to Get Out Alive: How to Study Math and Science
- October 21 – Fear Not: Test Anxiety Help!
- October 4 – So you Have to Write a Paper: Conquering Writing Anxiety
- November 18 – How to Beat the Cram Out of Finals!
- November 9 – Pro-Study/Anti-Stress Day