Faculty and Staff Resource Links
- Copyright and Plagiarism
- Dictionary of Literary Biography: Documentary Volumes
- Evaluating Internet Resources
- Health and Safety for Faculty and Staff: Physical, Mental, Emotional: Resources at the MVCC Libraries
- Hot Topics in College Education
- Literary Criticism Topics
- Mohawk Valley Community College Authors: Faculty and Staff: A Bibliography
- New Acquisitions
- Teaching Online Courses: Library Resources
- American Association of University Professors: 1940 Statement of Principles on Academic Freedom and Tenure.
- Chronicle Campuswide -- full text of The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Community College Week -- Biweekly publication featuring in-depth analyses of issues pertaining to community colleges.
- "Diploma to Nowhere" --Report about the lack of preparation for college on the part of high school students today.
- Educational Media Reviews Online -- provides reviews of materials from major educational and documentary distributors
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Faculty Staff Resource Center Training Website
- Inside Higher Ed -- Online source for news, opinions, jobs, and professional information.
- Measuring Up: the National Report Card on Higher Education --View the latest report (2006) plus state reports and compare states.
- Mohawk Valley Community College Intranet *on campus access only
- Mohawk Valley Community College Spring 2007 Trend Data Book * on campus access only; a print copy is also available in the reference area of both the Utica and Rome campus libraries.
- MVCC Institutional Effectiveness Assessment Handbook
- MVCC Institutional Effectiveness External Links
- MVCC Instructional Media Center's Video Database
- National Community College Benchmark Project --Provides community colleges with opportunities to report outcome and effectiveness data in critical performance areas, receive reports of benchmarks, and compare results with those of other colleges.
- Statewide Plan for Higher Education, 2004-2012
- Strengthened Campus-Based Assessment:
Draft writing rubrics
Draft critical thinking rubrics
Draft math rubrics
- The Teaching
Professor Online -- A monthly newsletter containing articles on
teaching strategies in the college classroom. (To register for your
free subscription to The Teaching Professor, go to: http://www.magnapubs.com/licenses/subscribe.html.
Enter your individual email address & password, as well as the other
required information. Enter the following Voucher Code & PIN number
where prompted: VOUCHER CODE: MOHAWK
PIN: 3009. Shortly after you register, you'll receive a confirming email.
- Two Million Minutes -- Web site to accompany a documentary about how China, the U.S., and India are preparing their students for the future.
To suggest a faculty link please contact Colleen Kehoe-Robinson.