Location and Climate
- MVCC is located in the Central Leather Stocking Region of Upstate New York
- MVCC has 2 campuses: Utica, New York (main campus) and Rome, New York (branch campus)
- The population in Utica is 50,000
- The population in Rome is 20,000
- The population of the Mohawk Valley is 300,000
- Syracuse, N.Y.: 50 miles (80km) one hour drive
- Albany, N.Y.: 95 miles (145 km) 1 ½ hour drive
- New York City: 250 miles (403km) 5 hour drive
- Montreal: 305 miles (488km) 5 hour drive
- Niagara Falls: 215 miles (344km) 3 ½ hour drive
- Maps and Directions
The Mohawk Valley has much to offer the students at MVCC. As a student here you will experience 4 distinct and separate seasons each as beautiful and invigorating as the next. The Mohawk Valley is only minutes from all types of recreation and cultural activities year round from skiing and ice skating in the winter to swimming and boating in the summer. In the autumn season you can enjoy breathtaking foliage and do not even have to leave campus to do so.
If it's action you're looking for, our Boilermaker Road Race is ranked in the top 100 road races in the country. There also are pro, semi-pro, and college sporting events and more than 40 golf courses. You can find rivers and lakes for fishing and boating, and the Adirondack Mountains for hiking, hunting, and camping. And, in the winter there are dozens of places to downhill and cross country ski, snowmobile, and ice skate.
Our cultural atmosphere is one of the best surprises. There are Broadway shows, internationally acclaimed concerts, world-class museum exhibits, local craft fairs, regional theaters and a casino resort.
Please feel free to review some of the following websites relating to the wonderful attractions of the Mohawk Valley.
- Oneida County Historical Societ
- Munson Williams Proctor Arts Institute
- Stanley Performing Arts Center
- National Distance Running Hall of Fame
- The Utica Zoo
- The Turning Stone Casino
- The Saranac Brewery
- The Erie Canal
- The Boilermaker Road Race
- Fort Stanwix
- The Battle of Oriskany
- Syracuse Handcock International Airport