Working Solutions Employment Office
Oneida County Workforce Development, as part of the local Working Solutions System, operates the Working Solutions Employment Office on the Utica MVCC Campus. Working Solutions is a collaboration of various government, educational institutions, agencies and non–profit organizations that provide employment related services. This partnership allows expertise and a litany of resources to be accessed by employers and job seekers through its various sites and /or partner agencies.
- Internet access to various employment related sites.
- Customer registration and referral to employment opportunities on the New York State Job Bank.
- Information/Applications for Federal, State, County, City and Unified Court System Civil Service opportunities.
- Assistance with resumes, cover letters, interviewing and other employment related skills and resources.
- Hard Copy postings of various full-time and part-time employment opportunities.
- Use of Fax, Computers, Phones and other resources/tools for employment related purposes.
- Direct referral to NYS Department of Labor and other Working Solutions partner agencies and services.
- Placement of eligible federally funded Work Study students at the Utica MVCC Campus.
- Planning and Implementation of Annual Job Fair at Utica MVCC Campus.
Work-study is a form of Federal Financial Aid. You must apply through the FAFSA and be awarded work-study.
Some college offices hire students other than those on work-study. Most on-campus jobs will work around class schedules, allowing students the flexibility needed to be successful and earn some money while attending.
Our Job Fair is held each April and attracts 30-50 employers from Central New York. These employers participate because they are hiring and seeking our graduates. Check the calendar and announcements for specific dates and employers.
- Raymond Arcuri, Director
- Dee Ellis, Secretary